And just like that, my fellowship comes to an end…
This has been a truly wonderful experience, full of travel, learning, networking and growth. Looking back, some of my favorite experiences were:
- Meeting members of the dance community in Portland and discussing dance representation
- Spending the week with Libby and Kat at the DHC headquarters in D.C.
- Working with the data of the Howard-Holtzman Collection on Isadora Duncan
- Holding Anna Pavlova’s pointe shoes
- Traveling to NOLA for the first time and networking at SAA
- Laughing with the DHC fellows at group dinners
My accomplishments in the last 6 weeks (practicum portion of the fellowship) include:
- Started project planning for DPDP and created preliminary project planning document
- Outlined preliminary DPDP projects
- Defined DPDP Ontology/ Metadata Schema Research Project
- Implemented research and recommendation phase of Ontology/ Metadata Schema Research Project
- Lead DPDP meeting at SAA Conference in NOLA
- Held research meetings with user groups in Portland
- Conducted two mini archival assessments for White Bird and Martha Ullman West
- Produced recommendation document for DPDP Ontology/ Metadata Schema Research Project
- Created experimental data submission method for independent user groups for data submissions to DHC
Now that the fellowship is over, I am concentrating on finding a full time position in the library science field. Until then, I’ll be teaching ballet in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Best wishes to my readers!